List of current events
Use the links to the right to navigate to a specific upcoming event -->
See current art exhibitions at the
Marie L. Matthews and Olivia Rainbow
galleries at the Johnson Education Center.
For directions to the Johnson Education Center,
please click here.
THE NATURE FIX: WHY NATURE MAKES US HAPPIER, HEALTHIER, AND MORE CREATIVE
Wednesday, April 26, 7 pm
Award-winning author Florence Williams sets out to uncover the science behind nature’s positive effects on the brain, mood, health, relationships and creativity in her investigation that takes us from forest trails in Korea, to islands in Finland and eucalyptus groves in California.
This program is co-sponsored by Princeton Public Library as part of its 2017 Environmental Film Festival.
RSVP at 609-924-4646 or email@example.com
Celebrate a new edition of Walk the Trails in and Around Princeton
with a book signing and guided walks on Saturday, May 6, 10 am.
Book signing at the Johnson Education Center, 10 am,
and Mountain Lakes House, 11:30 am
Join former mayor Phyllis Marchand for a 1.1 mile walk on the Scott and Hella McVay Poetry Trail at the Johnson Education Center. Walks begin promptly at 10:30 am.
Calling all photographers!
Photographs of our state’s preserved trails are requested by a partnership of the New Jersey Trails Association (NJTA), D&R Greenway Land Trust and Princeton Photography Club (PPC). We're looking for photographs of the trails that appear on the New Jersey Trails Association website. Beginning immediately, effective seasonal photographs are called for to fill an increasing need for knowledge of nature trails in our region. The pictures will appear, with credit, on the NJTrails association web-site, as well as in D&R Greenway’s electronic and print releases and newsletters.
- Images are to be 4x6 (vertical or horizontal) at 150 pixel/inch in JPEG format
- The file name should include the photographer's first initial and last name, the property name and photo number. (Example: R_Grant_Carson_Road_Woods_1)
- Photographers should submit digital high resolution JPEG images via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only the property name is to be noted in the subject line
- In the body of the email list:
- The photographer's name
- Photo number with subject description (name of trail, animal, plant, etc...) and date image taken
- Photo 1 – Red Fox Kit – 4/27/2014
- Photo 2 – View from Peach Orchard – 4/26/2014
- A limit of four photos per submission is requested
- There are no age or residency restrictions
Questions regarding the submission requirements should be sent to Richard Grant at: email@example.com
If you were unable to attend the talk, or you would just like the presenters' slides for reference, we are providing some of them here in PDF form:
"Residential Habitat Restoration: A Focus on Meadows" by Diana Raichel,
"The conservation and ecology of native bees" by Dan Cariveau, Rutgers Postdoctoral Research Associate
(Please be patient when downloading these files. They are very large.)
Video of George Dyson on Princeton's Christopher Robin -
Oswald Veblen and the Six Hundred-Acre Woods
Did you miss George Dyson's talk on March 21, 2013 at the Johnson Education Center? You can watch it online below:
Video credit: Kurt Tazelaar and Sally Curtis
Video of Professor Kenneth Hiltner on "From Shakespeare's London to Urban Gardening - The Literature of Human's Relationship with the Land"
Filmed at the Johnson Education Center on April 4, 2013.
Video credit: Kurt Tazelaar and Sally Curtis
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Princeton Environmental Institute
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Garden State Preservation Trust
- Princeton Township Polling Location
- Ann Reeves Foundation
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and Mercer County Green Table
- Sustainable Education
- Bat Conservation International
Native plants can be incorporated into all size properties.
See D&R Greenway's Native Plant Nursery
Community Organizations and Meetings
- Contemporary Garden Club
- Community Without Walls - House III
- Garden State Preservation Trust
- Housing Initiative of Princeton
- Mercer County Master Gardeners
- Montgomery Friends of Open Space
- Nathanael Greene Fellowship - Montgomery Township Schools
- New Jersey Trails Association
- Princeton Artists Alliance
- Princeton Garden Club
- New Jersey School-Age Children's Care Coalition
- Princeton Photography Club
- Princeton Pro-Musica
- Princeton Singers
- Princeton, Trenton & Stony Brook Garden Clubs
- Rhododendron Society
- Wheaton College Alumni Art Show
- Glenmede Trust
- Mercer County Bar Association
- PNC advisors