In Person Events at Johnson Education Center are on HOLD. Join us for one of our virtual events! Check back for future in-person events as it becomes safe to do so.
Public spaces at the Johnson Education Center are available for nonprofit and corporate events at a daily or hourly rate (4 hour minimum) plus custodial as listed below. For more information about our rental policy and fees, please contact Laurie Emde by phone at 609 578-7470 or send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual partner memberships available to nonprofits and government agencies. Read more.
Square Feet: 1466 (see floor plan)
Capacity: 175 standing, 100 auditorium-style seating
Daily rate (nonprofits only): $400
Hourly rate (nonprofits and corporations): $75, plus $175 custodial fee
Evelyne V. Johnson Stewardship Room
Square Feet: 861 (see floor plan)
Capacity: 50 individuals
Daily rate (nonprofits only): $325
Hourly rate (nonprofits and corporations): $50, plus $175 custodial fee
Additional Rental Information and Discounts
Additional fees & discounts:
- Private parties and events are prohibited.
- Custodial fee may be discounted dependent upon setup requirements for hourly rates only.
- Approval of dates for events is contingent upon staff availability
- Additional fee of $100 will be added to total for night or weekend events.
- Maximum custodial fee if renting multiple rooms is $225.
- Discount of $35 per additional room if renting multiple rooms.
- Caterer and Lessee are required to remove all trash and recycling from premises at the conclusion of the scheduled event, otherwise an additional fee of $60 will be charged for removal.
- First-time renters will receive a $75 discount.
- Click here to view parking configuration at the Johnson Education Center
• Regular business hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Facility use hours for events: 7:30 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
• Maximum building occupancy: 326 people
• Strives to be green & sustainable
• Fees include use of audio-visual equipment, lectern, wired internet and available furnishings:
- 150 stackable chairs;
- 60” round tables (6);
- 72”X30” folding tables (16);
- 48”X24” folding table (1);
- 96”X48” conference tables (4) in Upmeyer Partnership Room only;
- Rolling padded chairs (27) in Upmeyer Partnership Room only;
- Fully networked audio-visual system in the RWJ auditorium and Evelyn V. Johnson Stewardship Room, there is a projection cart and movable screen available.
Important: Lessee must supply their own laptop computer. In order to make your event run smoothly, Lessee must notify D&R Greenway of internet and audio-visual needs 48 hours in advance.
Rules & Regulations
• A deposit of $100 and a Certificate of Insurance is required with the application to secure the event date. The deposit is non-refundable for corporate events. Full payment is due no later than 10 days after the event.
• A separate refundable security deposit check of $150 is required in addition to the $100 deposit. The security deposit will be returned after the event, if the building and grounds are acceptably clean and there is no damage or loss to D&R Greenway Land Trust property.
• D&R Greenway Land Trust grants permission to use the Johnson Education Center in “as is” condition and disclaims any responsibility for loss, injury or damage which may occur to Applicant, catering staff, or guests.
• Smoking and any open flames are strictly prohibited at Johnson Education Center and all buildings on the site including restrooms.
Annual Partner Membership
For nonprofits and government agencies with ongoing meeting and program needs…
Annual Partner Membership
D&R Greenway wishes to support and encourage non-profit, educational and municipal partners by making the Johnson Education Center available to you for your meeting and technical needs. Annual Partner Membership is $400 for daytime use during regular business hours or $500 for evening or weekends schedules. Annual Partner Membership fee cannot be pro-rated. Your annual fee includes:
• Use of the RWJ Auditorium, the Neil Upmeyer Partnership Room or the Evelyne V. Johnson Room for a maximum of twelve (12) regularly scheduled monthly meetings (use not to exceed 2.5 hours including setup and breakdown) or use of the RWJ Auditorium for one (1) public event per year.
• Use of audio-visual equipment as available per room selection, podium/microphone, tables, chairs, and kitchen facilities.
Note: Facility use and resources are dependent upon availability. Our staff cannot assist in the use of our resources with the exception of providing pre-arranged consulting time. Please call to schedule use of our facility and resources and provide prior notice of any and all audio-visual requirements and cancellations.